We understand that outages are a critical time at power plants. You need knowledgeable, responsive experts who have experience helping solve problems.
Structural Integrity has dedicated outage response teams who are available to assist on emergent issues that arise during a plant outage. Our experts are backed by over 30 years of nuclear power plant experience helping resolve problems that otherwise derail outages. Structural Integrity’s value is helping power plant owners save time and money on issues that are difficult to solve and require the responsiveness and experience that we uniquely deliver.
We routinely provide outage expertise in the following areas:
- Operability Evaluations: Assist in interpreting whether technical specification equipment is operable based on design basis requirements.
- Flaw Tolerance Analysis: Assess existing and postulated future growth of flaws found during inspections, from primary system to balance-of-plant components.
- Repair/Replacement Design and Relief Requests: Provide repair/replacement designs and supporting analyses commensurate with design requirements, as well as licensing documents and regulatory interface support when needed.
- Welding, Materials and Fabrication: Provide consultation on materials issues including welding and other fabrication processes, as well in-process damage assessment and related corrective measures.
- Vibration Monitoring and Analysis: Assess potential for and mitigation of high-cycle fatigue including in-situ monitoring, identification of corrective measures, and follow-up confirmatory testing .
- NDE Support: Provide highly-responsive advanced NDE capabilities for the performance of critical inspections and independent Level III reviews of NDE work performed by others.
- Third-Party Reviews: Provide independent review of component condition assessment, as well as design, fabrication, and inspection work performed by others.
- Failure Analysis/Root Cause Analysis: Assess damage mechanisms contributing to failures of components based on field evidence or using our Materials Test Center or third-party facilities, and apply rigorous methods to identify probable causes and root causes as needed to preclude repeat failures.
- Water/Reactor Chemistry: Identify conditions related to potential start-up chemistry exclusions that impact plant start-up, and the measures needed to mitigate them.
- Radiation Source Term: Assist with measures to address high concentrations of activated corrosion products that impact outage activities.
- Fuel Failures: Perform related root cause and extent of condition evaluations, including conduct of field inspections, as well as third-party review of fuel vendor and utility evaluations of fuel failures.
- Electrical equipment/EQ: Provide the support needed to verify design bases; analyze component and system operation, system transient event response, and environment conditions; and qualify and extend the life of electrical equipment.