In addition to maintaining the leading NDE tools and methodologies for conventional NDE, we also employ a dedicated R&D staff focused on developing customized NDE solutions to help solve some of the most challenging problems confronting pipeline operators.
Structural Integrity’s Oil and Gas Pipeline group working side by side with this R&D group to help identify the key drivers behind the designated degradation mechanism, any challenging environmental issues that must be addressed, and considerations for any specific regulatory requirements.
These developments include:
- A guide track to deploy EMAT sensors from a narrow trench to inspect buried piping eliminating the shoring need for personnel access and minimizing the impact of contaminated soil
- An inspection methodology to assess the condition of pipe through a liner using Robotic In-Line Inspection (R-ILI)
- Permanently installed Guided Wave Test collars for buried piping
- A Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) System for Tank Floor Bottoms
- Other specialized ultrasonic and electromagnetic techniques for various applications.